Founded in 1985, SelectQuote provides solutions that help consumers protect their most valuable assets: their families, health and property. The company pioneered the model of providing unbiased comparisons from multiple, highly rated insurance companies allowing consumers to choose the policy and terms that best meet their unique needs. Two foundational pillars underpin SelectQuote’s success: a strong force of highly trained and skilled agents, who provide consultative needs analysis for every consumer, and proprietary technology that sources and routes high-quality leads. The company has three core business lines: SelectQuote Senior, SelectQuote Life and SelectQuote Auto and Home. SelectQuote Senior, the largest and fastest-growing business, serves the needs of a demographic that sees 10,000 people turn 65 each day with a range of Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
The HR Generalist conducts investigations into employee relations concerns and supports overall positive workforce engagement. The successful candidate will provide guidance, support, and make recommendations to resolve associate relations concerns. This position is both hands-on and strategic to provide investigative and employee relations expertise.
- Conduct investigations in response to a range of associate relations concerns, including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, workplace violence, and other violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Communicate regularly regarding pending investigations and provides timely investigation reports with supporting documentation for all completed investigations
- Use effective interviewing and documentation techniques and utilize the designated online case management tool for tracking as applicable
- Partner with HR leaders to provide counsel and facilitate prompt and effective resolution of workplace concerns
- Partner to create, update, and apply HR policies and procedures that pertain to associate relations; partner to conduct trainings on compliance with policies and procedures
- Analyze associate relations trends with Leadership and help develop proactive strategies, solutions, programs and policies
- Develop effective relationships with HR Business Partners to promote positive associate relations throughout the organization to ensure a high level of associate satisfaction and engagement
- Participate in projects led by the Associate Relations team as needed
- Serves as and establishes self as HR subject matter expert to management
- Applies compliance knowledge to protect organization
- Partner with internal and external legal counsel as necessary
- Seeks ways to proactively improve organizational processes and outcomes
- Integrates core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organization and business practices
- Maintain general knowledge of ethical laws, standards, legislation and trends that my affect organizational HR practice
- Enforces policies consistently, audit and monitoring adherence to policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 2-3 years’ experience in employee relations, investigations, employment law, and disciplinary actions
- Preferred 5 years progressive HR Experience
- HRCI or SHRM Certification preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state (nationwide) and local laws, statutes, which govern employment policies and practices
- Thorough understanding and application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Experience successfully implementing programs across geographically distributed and remote teams
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate, concise and persuasive communicator
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- Strong business acumen
- Evidence of exceptional ability
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.